The six National Safety Council (NSC) awards that Herzog Railroad Services Inc. (HRSI) received represent over 3.8 million man-hours complete without a lost time injury or illness through June of 2018.
Herzog Railroad Services, Inc. was recently recognized by the National Safety Council (NSC) with the following six safety awards:
- Ballast Division — Safety Leadership Award
- Easton Road Railcar Repair Shop — Safety Leadership Award
- Elwood Maintenance Shop — Superior Safety Award
- Rail Unloading Machine (RUM) Division — Superior Safety Award
- Falls City Railcar Repair Shop — Superior Safety Award
- Multi-Purpose Machine (MPM), Cartopper®, Clip Car Division — Perfect Safety Record Award
The Superior Safety Performance Award is awarded for achieving 10 consecutive “perfect record” years by operating at least 120 consecutive months without incurring an occupational injury resulting in lost time. The Safety Leadership Award is awarded for achieving five or more consecutive years without an occupational injury or illness resulting in days away from work. The Perfect Record Award is awarded for completing a period of at least 12 consecutive months without an occupational injury involving lost time.