Rail Construction Contracting Company
We have the capability to self-perform all critical path work required to build commuter rail, light rail, streetcar, and freight lines that connect us and spurs economic development in our cities.
Rail infrastructure serves as the backbone of our nationwide transportation network as it moves equipment, goods, and materials efficiently across the country and gets people where they need to go.
New track construction
Herzog has fully-equipped track construction crews and equipment capable of delivering all work associated with new rail infrastructure.
- Track construction
- Crossing installation
- Track certification & commissioning
- Track demolition/removal
Maintenance-of-way and track rehabilitation
Herzog performs routine maintenance and periodic maintenance of all complexities, including work on live track, where our specialty equipment helps us to build safely and cost-effectively. We can determine an optimal maintenance program to achieve maximum utilization of your rail system with minimum ongoing cost.
- Work performed on live track
- Equipment designed for safety
- Specialized maintenance programs
- Maximize utilization, minimize cost
Train signals and communications
Herzog installs, tests, integrates, and commissions a variety of rail systems. Wayside signal, communications, and highway grade crossings are at the core of what we do.
- Train signals
- Traction power
- Overhead contact system (OCS)
- Positive Train Control (PTC)
Rail bridges and structure
Herzog constructs timber, concrete, and steel railroad bridges of various sizes in addition to various types of retaining walls to meet the most demanding structural needs.
- Timber bridges
- Concrete bridges
- Steel bridges
Herzog self-performs all disciplines of the station platform and civil construction and management on the commuter, light rail, streetcar, and freight projects.
- Station platform construction
- Civil construction
- Station & civil management
Certified & diverse subcontractor management
We form strategic working relationships with certified small and diverse businesses on construction projects of varying size and complexity across the U.S. and consistently exceed owner participation goals.
RTD West Rail Line CM/GC
DTCG worked closely with the project owner and designers during pre-construction to provide value engineering, constructability reviews, risk identification, cost estimating, and construction scheduling. Construction highlights include:
- 21 at-grade crossings and installation of double track
- Three parking facilities and 12 stations
- Two light rail tunnels and one pedestrian tunnel
- 14 light rail or vehicular bridge structures
- Replacement, relocation, adjustment and protection of existing public and private utilities
- Underground storm drainage and surface drainage re-grading
- 1,219,323 man hours and no lost time injuries
- Received 27 industry awards in safety, innovation, and quality