Passenger Rail Operation
Herzog Transit Services, Inc.’s staff is trained to be responsive to the needs of the passenger in a professional and courteous manner and has the right resources and experience to deliver all of the functional elements to operate and maintain any passenger railroad system.
Our experienced train crews, train dispatchers, station agents, and support personnel are trained and certified in compliance with federal and state regulations supported by an internal training program.
Reporting & compliance
Fare revenue services
Flagging/Roadway Worker Protection
A rich history of
Since 1993, our operations are considered exceptional by industry standards and has resulted in a consistently positive passenger experience. The majority of our current and past contracts have been extended beyond their initial term because we are a solutions-oriented contractor that focuses the attention on our customers, overall operational performance, and creates an environment of true partnership with our clients.
System startup and commissioning
HTSI has served as the contract operator for eleven passenger rail new services start-ups and transitioned seven properties previously operated by other contractors. Our experts ensure proper facility configuration and optimize performance in the startup/mobilization phase to achieve a seamless transition into revenue operations.
- Mobilization plan and schedule
- Coordination with regulatory agencies
- Coordination with third parties
- Staffing & training
- Vehicle testing, acceptance & commissioning
- Plan submittals
HTSI is dedicated to creating a convenient, positive experience for riders on their daily commute. We are focused and guided by our project owner’s needs and the customers they serve.
- Commitment to safety
- Exceptional customer service
- Clear communication
- Consistent overall operational performance
HTSI has extensive experience with the software and hardware environments required to efficiently capture and analyze this information germane to our services, related regulatory requirements, or agency needs.
- Training & certification tracking
- Fatigue & hours of service analysis
- Accident/incident reporting
- Document control
- Resolving customer inquiries
- Asset tracking and control
- Train maintenance activity scheduling & tracking
Train crew scheduling
Jointly-developed train schedules with our project owners ensure that conductors and engineers are assigned jobs that maximize efficiencies of crews and equipment.
- Compliance with federal hours of service regulations
- Trained in ADA sensitivity and customer-service
- Trained in rail vehicle equipment troubleshooting
HTSI’s dispatchers are fully trained on the rules and regulations for the movement of passenger and freight trains on mainlines or in storage yards. We use a variety of dispatch systems and supporting software for complex, high-volume, and mixed-traffic corridors.
- Trained in failure management and service recovery
- Disaster response management and coordination
- On-time performance focus
Reporting & compliance
HTSI understands how important it is to accurately record and use information for reporting, performance evaluation, trend and root cause analysis, quality, and compliance monitoring. Our staff provides necessary reporting for regulatory agencies such as FRA and FTA.
- Hours of service
- Rules infractions
- Efficiency testing & certification
- Drug & alcohol testing
HTSI-trained staff can provide a wide range of fare revenue services. Our fare technologies include self-contained, low-overhead ticket purchasing systems with fully-integrated internet, mobile app, and point-of-sale applications.
- Ticket sales
- On-board fare inspections
- Revenue collection
- Accounting/banking services
- Customer service/station agents